EDI 336 Inquiry Project Post 5

OK, now I have definitely hit a difficult patch one session earlier than I though I would. What I thought would be really difficult for me was putting together the left hand part and right hand part of “Juanita”. As it turns out, the right hand part was a bit challenging on its own. There is a bit of jumping around that I found counterintuitive:

Piano 4

I am starting to experience some concern that playing the two parts simultaneously is going to be one of those skills one needs to develop from a young age or not at all. Given the fact that I am old enough to be past what the global average life expectancy was when my still living (albeit almost 104) grandmother was born, I am starting to think thoughts along the lines of old dogs and there ineptitude with regard to new tricks.

I am not going to lie; it took a lot of practice and several takes to make that video.  The only way I can This experience has me feeling pretty apprehensive about piecing them together tomorrow. Rather than just immerse myself in an overwhelming pool of frustration, however, I think I will find some inspiration and look up Youtube Videos specifically about learning to play left and right hand parts together.